Filing of AOC 4 and MGT 7 are annual compliances that registered companies operating in India cannot ignore. The government agency with the authority to monitor compliance is called the Registrar of Companies (ROC). AOC 4 and MGT 7 Forms must be submitted annually in accordance with the Companies Act of 2013 within 30 and 60 days, respectively, of the completion of the company’s Annual General Meeting (AGM). Staying mindful of the Roc Filing Due Date for Pvt Ltd Company is crucial to avoid penalties and ensure the seamless continuation of business operations. Roc Filing Due Date for Pvt Ltd Company is a legal requirement that companies need to adhere to in order to maintain regulatory compliance and uphold the standards outlined by the ROC.
Table of Contents
What is AOC 4 Form?
The Board of Directors and shareholders use financial statements as a basis for assessing a company’s performance. The company’s annual financial statement must be submitted on MCA form AOC 4 to the Registrar of Companies. The form must be properly furnished by the company within 30 days of the annual general meeting. Staying vigilant about the AOC 4 Filing Due Date, as the ROC Return Filing Due Date is a regulatory deadline that companies need to meet to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of their financial reporting. Adhering to the AOC 4 Filing Due Date is essential for maintaining transparency and regulatory compliance.
According to MCA Notification GSR 207(E) issued March 24, 2021, companies must round off financial statement values in accordance with their total income under Schedule III of the Companies Act, 2013. It’s imperative to be mindful of the ROC Filing Due Date for Pvt Ltd Company, ensuring that companies fulfil their regulatory obligations in a timely manner. The experts must not mistakenly interpret the company’s submission of exact numbers in e-forms like the AOC-4, emphasizing the importance of meeting the AOC 4 Filing Date for Pvt Ltd Company for accurate and compliant financial reporting.
What is MGT 7 Form?
For the purpose of filing MGT 7 Annual Return, all corporations are given an electronic form MGT 7 by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs which needs to file before MGT 7 Due Date. On the basis of the company’s statement of accuracy, the Registrar of Companies employs electronic means to maintain this e-form. Companies that must fill out the form in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs frequently use this one, keeping in mind the ROC Return Last Date to ensure timely and accurate submission of their annual return details.
Who is abide for filing of AOC 4 and MGT 7?
Regardless of whether the company is private or public, all Indian registered companies are required to submit this e-form annually. For its yearly return, the corporation must submit the forms MGT 7 and AOC 4 before AOC 4 and MGT 7 Due Date for Pvt Ltd Company.
Directions for Filing of AOC 4 and MGT 7
• To conduct the financial statement audit, the company must select and approve auditors.
• In accordance with the company laws, the directors must compile a board report with assistance from other important officials.
•The Board Report and the Financial Statement must be approved during the Board Meeting. After the Annual General Meeting (AGM) is over, the financial statement will be put together. After all, the ultimate condition for recognizing financial accounts is the consent of shareholders.
What’s a motto behind Filing of AOC 4?
Financial Statements are official records of the Company’s financial performance and condition. To shareholders and investors, financial statements reveal the true state of a company. The primary goal of financial statements is to inform a variety of stakeholders who are involved in company choices about the financial health, growth, and changes in a company’s financial status, emphasizing the significance of AOC 4 Filing Due Date for Filing Financial Statements with ROC for accurate and transparent reporting.
The most significant method of communication between the Board of Directors and its shareholders is through the yearly financial statements that are created and filed. A way of informing the public and shareholders about the company’s financial activities and status is through mandatory disclosures made through financial statements, including the Board’s Report and Auditor’s Report.
All stakeholders, investors, and financial institutions can benefit from financial statements because they reveal the company’s genuine financial situation and aid in decision-making.
Who Needs to File AOC 4 Form XBRL?
The application of submitting a financial statement in XBRL format is subject to a number of conditions. The list of companies that must submit AOC 4 form XBRL for every financial year is as follows:
- The companies have contributed at least Rs. 5 crore in capital.
- Companies with a yearly turnover of at least Rs 100 crores.
- Companies and their subsidiaries that are listed on the Indian stock exchange.
What’s a motto behind Filing of MGT 7?
MGT 7 Annual Return includes all the information that would typically be found at the end of the financial year. These specifics include information about:
- The location of the registered office, the main operations, and information about the holding, subsidiary, and associated companies
- The company’s financial responsibilities are represented by the shares, bonds, and other instruments it owns as well as its shareholding pattern.
- The members and debenture-keepers, as well as any changes since the conclusion of the previous financial year,
- the promoters, directors, and senior managerial staff, as well as any changes since the conclusion of the previous financial year;
- Meetings of the Board, its different committees, and its members, or a class of members, together with information on attendance
- Directors and key managerial staff are paid;
- Details of the fines or penalties levied against the corporation, its executives or directors, as well as the nature of the offenses and any appeals filed against them
- The problems with certification of disclosures and compliances, as applicable
- It has a shareholder structure. many concerns that are required in the form
What Documents are needed with Form AOC 4?
- The Balance Sheet and Notes
- The profit and loss statement and its supporting notes
- Statement of Cash Flows.
- Equity Statement of Change.
- Reports from the Board, the Auditor, and, if applicable, Corporate Social Responsibility
- If applicable, Statement of Subsidiaries in Form AOC-1; Other Requisite Documents; and Other Information
It is necessary to hire a certified professional, such as a practicing company secretary (CS) or chartered accountant (CA), in all cases other than those involving small companies and OPC.
What Documents are needed with Form MGT 7?
This e-form may be submitted by including scanned copies of supporting documentation under the attachments heading. This form’s attachment section, which asks for the following attachments, is located at the bottom.
- List of investors and holders of debentures
- Letter of approval for expanding the AGM
- MGT-8 copy, if relevant
- Optional Attachment(s), if any;
Last Date of Filing AOC 4 and MGT 7
Due Date for Filing AOC 4 and MGT 7 is 30 and 60 days respectively post conclusion of AGM.
ROC Return Filing Due Date for Form AOC 4 for FY 22-23
- It is required to file the AOC 4 form before AOC 4 Filing Due Date, which is October 29, 2023, or within 30 days of the annual general meeting for the financial year 2022–2023. If the AOC 4 e-form is not submitted within MCA Annual Return Due Date, there is also Late Fees for Annual Filing of ROC clause.
- In the case of OPC within 180 days from the end of the financial year, i.e. ROC Annual Filing Due Date is 27th September, 2023.
What is the MGT 7 Due Date for FY 2022-23?
- The company has 60 days from the date of the annual general meeting to file the form MGT 7.
- The annual general meeting must be held on or before the 30th day of September following the end of every financial year.
- MGT 7 Due Date for FY 2022-23 is November 28, 2023.
Filing Fees for AOC 4 Form and MGT 7 Form
The authorized capital of the company determines the MGT 7 and AOC 4 Filing Fees:-
- Less than 1,000,000 – 200 Rupees
- 1,00,000 to 4,99,999-Rs 300
- 5,00,000 to 24,99,999- Rs 400
- 25,00,001 to 99,99,999- Rs 500
- 1,00,00,000 or more – Rs. 600
Late Fees for Annual Filing of ROC for forms MGT 7 and AOC 4
From 01st July 2018, Late Filing Fees for AOC 4 and MGT 7 shall attract a penalty of Rs. 100 per day from ROC Return Filing Last Date.
Earlier there was a penalty slab for Late Fees for Annual Filing of ROC Forms i.e E-form AOC-4 and MGT 7:-
- Delay up to 30 Days – 2 times of normal filing fees
- More than 30 days and Up to 60 Days – 4 times of normal filing fees
- More than 60 days and Up to 90 Days – 6 times of normal filing fees
- More than 90 days and Up to 180 Days – 10 times of normal filing fees
- More than 180 days and Up to 270 Days – 12 times of normal filing fees
The directors, managing director, or chief financial officer of a company may be found guilty and imprisoned or may be required to pay a fine under the provisions of the 2013 Companies Act, which are even worse penalties for the delay.