The Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) rules that came into effect April 1, 2021 to enable implementing agencies such as trusts and societies to register with the MCA while also setting a three-year deadline for any CSR project, among a number of other amendments introduced by the government.
You are a social organization and need CSR funding so it is mandatory that you register with the MCA by completing Form CSR-1. Our Team of BestTaxInfo will support you for CSR Registration in Mumbai.
Form CSR-1 is now live for filing on the MCA Portal
Form CSR-1 is a registration form for getting CSR funding by implementing agencies. Form CSR-1 is called as Form for “Registration of Entities for undertaking CSR Activities”.
The form consists mainly of two parts, the first part dealing with information about the business that intends to perform CSR functions. The second part of the Form CSR-1 is certificate by practicing professional.
Upon successful submission of Form CSR-1, a separate CSR Registration Number will be created by the system automatically to applying organization.
By April 2021 onwards, all entities, covered under sub-rule (1), intending to perform any CSR function, will register with the Central Government by completing Form CSR-1 electronically from the Registrar.
According to the Notification issued by Ministry of Corporate Affairs dated 22nd January 2021, from April 1, 2021 CSR funding will only be issued to those NGOs, registered with the MCA by completing Form CSR-1.
Following type of NGO’s are eligible to submit Form CSR-1 on the MCA Portal for CSR Registration in Mumbai:
- A company established under section 8 of the Act, or a registered public trust or registered society, registered under sections 12A and 80 G of the Income Tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), established by a company, either alone or in conjunction with any other company, or
- A company established under section 8 of the Act or a registered trust or a registered society, established by the Central Government or a State Government; or
- Any organization established under an Act of Parliament or a legislature of the State; or
- A company established under section 8 of the Act, or a registered public trust or registered society, registered under sections 12A and 80G of the Income Tax Act, 1961, and who has an established record of at least three years in the same activities.
- Form CSR-1 must be signed digitally by an authorized NGO person and a practising professional.
Professionals can be a full-time Chartered Accountant / Company Secretary / Cost Accountant, so NGOs that cannot directly submit Form CSR-1, should contact a professional by completing Form CSR-1.
The following documents are required for CSR Registration in Mumbai:
- Copy of the NGO PAN Card
- Email ID and Mobile Number of all members
- Details of the members of the Governing Body
- Copy of Registration Certificate
- DSC of the Authorised Person with his PAN Number
Approval Email of CSR Registration in Mumbai:
When eForm is successfully processed, the same approval is sent to the user via email to the business email id. In addition, a digitally signed authorization letter with CSR registration number and format CSRXXXXXXXX in which X represents the unique built-in system number will be sent to the FO user and the business email ID as included in the eform.